Thursday 30 October 2008

DOCTORS

Today I had to crawl out of bed and dig out my winterjacket to go see the doctor (have another appointement on Friday and I think I'll be well soon. There are few things some pills won't fix) and also to get to an appointemnt with a client. Sometimes when you feel really awful (and your hair is very dirty) it's a bit hard to dress up, especially in this case when I really had to look proper (since the customer was a bit sceptic about me at first, whatthehell, but they did love my job now. Of course. They always do in the end). I've also ben stuffing myself with food the past days so anything thight was out of the question because I really wanted to feel comfy.

An outfit both comfy and chic is not always the easiest to achieve but since I did pretty good in the end I thought I'd snap a picture of it once I was at it.


Except for that you can't really see any of it in this picture.

But now you can (yeah haha funny enough).


Blouse & Bolero - old H&M
Skirt - selfmade
Shoes - Minna Parikka

More about 'Doctors': I was browsing through some pianopieces I like on youtube and found this darling video (it's sort of a music video from the twenties :) I like it when the toys come alive). I used to play the classical piano for more than fifteen years in the Music Institute and this was one of my favourite pieces to play ( I really enjoy most of Debussy); Doctor Gradus Ad Parnassum. I prefer it played just slightly slower though.



(The suite has six pieces but only three were filmed. If you search "Children's Suite" and "Cortot" on youtube you can see the other two videos made.
Do it!)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that video is simply adorable!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Yes you have to look at the others too!

nitovuori said...

OMG, that Debussy film is the cutest thing I've seen for a while! I'll check the others tomorrow :)

Unknown said...

aww thats such a sweet film! Perked up my night! I hope you feel better soon :(

Andrea Eames said...

What a great film! :) Your outfit is lovely. It's so hard to get dressed nicely when you feel awful, but I think it lifts your spirits a bit.

Get well soon!

Andrea xx

Bex said...

For someone who's ill you sure are a fierce dresser! When I'm ill I just look like a homeless person!!

Kati said...

You look always so classy! Exemplary!

Anonymous said...

How are the Parikka shoes? Comfy I guess?

Now I have seen some really cute pairs of Parikkas, maybe some day I will have enough money to purchase ones, too.

Miss Urbanita said...

Is possible to buy Minna Parikka online? Thanks. Fantastic look!

esme and the laneway said...

I love the black and white and the touch of purple, you look lovely! Get well soon. :)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Thank you all fot the getting well wishes :)

Ilona : I think they're very comfy! But I walk a lot in heels anyway so if you're not used to it it might feel diferent. Still, comfier than average I'd say.

Miss Urbanita : I know that at least soem models are availablein some webshops, she does not have any of her own though. At least Tatty Devine sells them, but not the whole collection. Her shoes are made in Spain though and she has lived in Barcelona, I think there is some shop selling them there too.

Anonymous said...

You did a bang-up job of making yourself presentable, considering how crap you feel. Hope you're on the mend now, lady ...

pumps & luiers said...

you look great - hope you feel better

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! Wow, if only I looked that good each time I was sick...

Hope that you feel better soon! :)

Mademoiselle M.

Alice said...

I'll hope you'll get well very soon! You're beautiful even ill, I love your outfit and specially your tights...

xoxo from Madrid

mateo said...

Hope u'll feel better soon!!! And you look as gorgeous as always

WendyB said...

I never look so amazing when I'm sick!

Dave Feucht said...

Those videos are amazing :) I love 1920's film in general, I have to say :) I've just started listening to Debussy recently, but I've liked most everything of his that I've heard so far... he was kind of one of the first 'impressionist' composers, I think. What are some of your other favorite piano pieces?

Best wishes getting well!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Thank you all, once again :)

Melancholic Optimist : I like to play pieces by impressionists most of all, even though I also enjoyed some classics bi Chopin for example. Finnish composer Selim Palmgren has some really beautiful pieces, like Nocturne in three secenes (op.72). I also enjoy Sibelius and Satie (like Trois Gnossiennes). And Rachmaninov's Prelude op.3No2 in c minor. It's a very 'strong'piece.

Dave Feucht said...

I just looked at eMusic, and they have a collection of Palmgren's piano music, including the Nocturne in Three Scenes - it does sound really beautiful. I've enjoyed Rachmaninov a lot recently, and found recordings of his 2nd and 3rd piano concertos performed by himself, which was really interesting to hear. He was a phenomenal pianist. I haven't listened to much of Sibelius, but he's on my list of things to explore at some point - maybe I'll have to move him up the list a bit :) Have you heard anything by Arvo Pärt or Einojuhani Rautavaara? I love Pärt's music in general, and I just heard Cantus Arcticus by Rautavaara and I really like it. Thanks for those suggestions!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Melancholic Optimist : I also just recently listened to Rachmaninovs 2nd! I think it's great to be able to listen to music perform by it's composer. Rachmaninov was a phenomenal pianist indeed. Rautavaara I know but I haven't listened to Pärt, I will start browsing around and take a listen to his music!

Miss_Red said...

Lovely outfit, I love the coloured tights and the blouse especially. Such a chic outfit :)
Hope you're feeling better soon!

Dressed and Pressed said...

Cute outfit. Love the way your legs look in those shoes.