Thursday 8 July 2010

A FEW MINUTES OF HOUSEWIVERY

(I know what you're thinking. You're thinking you can almost hear this outfit scream "Clog sandals! Leave the pumps, go clog sandals"! Matching the bag. Oh yes.)

(Meow meow all the time meowing...)

This is what I was wearing the few hours that I played housewife today (actually, also the few hours I was able to wear something other than work wear). I've gone housewife (for those few hours) all week, as Eddi has been coming over for lunch every day; he works just around the corner. I've been putting on a dress (and lipstick, of course), biking to the store to pick up something nice and then back to prepare a great lunch. And just when everything starts feeling all ladi-dadi-da and nice I have to drag my behind to work. Damn. Off with the dress, on with the gear. But then again, I couldn't buy all the important and useful stuff I get all the time without my work now could I, as burlesque doesn't really make me rich. (Yet.)


Dress, perfect for hot and humid days - vintage from Q's daydream
Bag - bought at a bazaar in Tunisia some ten years ago

18 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

gorgeous!

Kara said...

so gorgeous! love the pink and the leopard print together :)

xo
http://kara-ofmomentsinmoonlight.blogspot.com/

Mrs Munster said...

Looking lovely. I loved maternity leave also from the point of view so I was able to be all house wifey. Now, i'm so tired from work on my days off that it's very little I can be bothered with :(

Anonymous said...

You make a stunning housewife, lady!

X said...

Always in style
A big hug from Spain.

pumps & luiers said...

a very stylish housewife you make! I'm so glad I can wear almost anything I want at work, especially on these warm sunny days it must be such a pity to put on the gear!

pumps & luiers said...

a very stylish housewife you make! I'm so glad I can wear almost anything I want at work, especially on these warm sunny days it must be such a pity to put on the gear!

Jenni said...

What a fun, cute little outfit! You look adorable!

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Looking cute as always!
Daisy Dayz Home

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

FABULOUS! FABULOUS! FABULOUS! You look so Donna Reed, brings back memories I'd rather speak of (wow, I actually remember watching The Donna Reed Show).

Bravo, my dear.

Leia said...

Playing housewife is fun sometimes, I think! I really love that leopard scarf in your hair. And your red lipstick. And this whole look, really :)

Leia's Delights

Britt said...

You find the best vintage dresses. I feel like everything is so picked over in New York and I can never find anything in my size. I need to take a trip to Europe with the specific goal of shopping!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Britt : oh you should, I'm sure you would find a lot! But this dress however, is from the US :) Via etsy.

Britt said...

ohhh hawt dog! *clicks link, goes shopping*

Anonymous said...

You are just the prettiest woman in the world!

wolfwhistle.org

The Hip Housewife said...

I am absolutely in love with that dress!

Q's Daydream said...

Yay! LOVE the dress!

Lucia said...

I agree with the comment above, you really are the prettiest woman in the world, I saw you on tv a while ago, and I wondered " How can someone look that cute"? Like a doll!