Friday 21 January 2011

KEEPING A GIFT FOR MYSELF

I got myself a new art deco inspired hat. Or head piece, however you like to see it. Originally I did buy it as a gift for someone else, but as soon as I left the shop I got doubtful and at home I thought - what the hell! I'll keep it!

I mean, it even has a tassel for heaven's sake!

The hat is made by Linda in Ansa and the bangs are fake, re-coloured from platinum and thus useable for me again. I had to give the ends of my hair some fresh tint too as they are so bleached they started loosing colour and going matte. We only had to colour half of the hair however, as it is growing out in the "right" colour.
(My hairdresser is an old friend of mine, Josefin, and she works at Prof downtown, in case someone's interested or want to pay her a visit or so.)
The sateen outfit is Vivien of Holloway.

13 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Amazing! Glad you kept it ;o)

melina bee said...

love your smokey eyes and bangs. tassels rule.

Elisse said...

Those pictures are so nice! And that hat is fab!

mispapelicos said...

Everyone of your post a present to me.I don´t blame you for keeping it. You look fantastic.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lisa said...

A whale of a hat. Love it, look great!

Maja said...

You always make my day;) someday you have to make one more how-to hair post... stunning!

Mrs Munster said...

Most best presents for myself comes from myself - who else knows myself as well as I do :)
The hat is fab and just looks so fun. Tassels on a hat - who would've thought.

VildesVerden said...

Great hat - I would have kept it as well!

Ms Wanda said...

I think you would enjoy the hat way more than you're friend...and besides, I'm sure you deserve it!!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Thank goodness you kept it, it is perfect for you. Matches your hair shade wonderfully!

C.B. said...

That is a very pretty piece. Your hair is a great shade as well.

Sydney B. said...

Lovely hat!

~Syd

Matt said...

I love the hat and your outfit is super cute!! :)